Step 5: Useful Links for Search Engine Optimization
- Selfpromotion.com - Great site that allows you to automatically submit your URL to hundreds of directories and all the major search engines.
- Unfair Advantage - HIGHLY RECOMMENDED. This book teaches you step-by-step all the insider secrets you need to know to rank high in the search engines.
- GoTo.com - The largest pay per click search engine. Their premium listings are shown on Altavista, Lycos, AOL, Go.com and other major portals.
- Commission Junction - Affiliate clearinghouse with hundreds of revenue earning programs for your website.
- Search Engine Watch - This site has lots of up-to-date search engine news.
- JimTools - Useful tools for webmasters.
- About.com Personal Websites - Helpful tips and tutorials for your personal website
- Search Engine Forums - popular forums where you can discuss or ask questions
about any of the major search engines. Be careful - no spamming or advertising here.
- alt.internet.search-engines - Post questions or read about search engine
positioning here. You will need a newsgroup reader like Outlook Express
- WebPosition - this monthly newsletter is full of valuable information about the latest search engine positioning techniques. Highly recommended.
- Bcentral Digest - another useful daily digest geared more toward beginners in Internet business. Lots of info about search engines here
- JimWorld - to subscribe send a blank email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- WordTracker - weekly list of the top 500 most searched for keyword phrases
- WordSpot - weekly list of the top 200 popular search terms